Passenger Side Power Mirror Does Not Fold

first_time_owner

I own a year 1999 Lx470 and I have this above problem for quite some time. The issue is (though I consider it as minor), that the passenger side side mirror does not fold when I press the power button on everytime I press it. By this mean, it folds sometimes,mostly it does not. Do you think the motor or some other component in the mirror assembly is dying and needs replacement. or can it be fixed some other ways without having to buy the components.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I own a year 1999 Lx470 and I have this above problem for quite some time. The issue is (though I consider it as minor), that the passenger side side mirror does not fold when I press the power button on everytime I press it. By this mean, it folds sometimes,mostly it does not. Do you think the motor or some other component in the mirror assembly is dying and needs replacement. or can it be fixed some other ways without having to buy the components.

Thanks

Did your mirror folds sometime just like mine. I could hear the the sound. I feel that the problem is mechanical instead of electronic. but you may be right.

When the mirror does not fold, and then if I open and fold manually a couple of time then the power fold start function again

How much did it cost you to fix this issue?

Bye

Did your mirror folds sometime just like mine. I could hear the the sound. I feel that the problem is mechanical instead of electronic. but you may be right.

When the mirror does not fold, and then if I open and fold manually a couple of time then the power fold start function again

How much did it cost you to fix this issue?

Bye

That's funny because mine does the exact same thing in the passenger side. I can fold it and unfold it manually and the when I park in a tight space it will fold normally and then unfold as is should. But I usually must always do it manually again if I plan on folding it with the power function. But I do notice that in the winter time it usually works without me having to manually do it first. The constriction of the plastics from the cold might have something to do with it. And also it does not matter the amount of time that has elapsed for it to work with the power function after I have done it manually. I can fold and unfold it with my hand in June and wait until September and it will work.

That's funny because mine does the exact same thing in the passenger side. I can fold it and unfold it manually and the when I park in a tight space it will fold normally and then unfold as is should. But I usually must always do it manually again if I plan on folding it with the power function. But I do notice that in the winter time it usually works without me having to manually do it first. The constriction of the plastics from the cold might have something to do with it. And also it does not matter the amount of time that has elapsed for it to work with the power function after I have done it manually. I can fold and unfold it with my hand in June and wait until September and it will work.

\

YES mine worked when it was cold and ramdonly at times it just decide to close or open on it s own

I think changing the switch will solve the problem as you've suggested.

How much did it cost you to replace the switch?

Where can I look for this switch for purchase?

Thanks

I got lucky and found one on Ebay for $25 try ebay craigs list if not a toyota or a lexus dealer or try a salvage yard they can locate one fast and cheap

Thanks for replying and showing interest in my posting

I tried looking for part but I couldnt find it any where listed for sale. Do you know the part number for the switch which I can use to search on web.

I also looked at the switch (the small square button) on the dashboard and it looks like it it integrated with the other button which adjusts both mirror. It may be separate.

How did you remove and replace the button/switch?

I had it changed when i had the tranny fluid changed and some other things done i had the switch in the drink holder and they just put in i think it just pops out of the spot it is in yes the switch is all one piece the mirror adjustment and the folding switch is all in one deal