Current Version Of Sat Nav Software

Two questions please to Lexus gurus. Can anyone tell me how to find out what is the current Sat Nav software version in my recently acquired 2007 RX350? It makes a few route guidance mistakes which I'm guessing could be because of software being in need of update. Once I find out what is my current software, can anyone tell me what is the most recent version available? Is eBay the best option for updating?

Two questions please to Lexus gurus. Can anyone tell me how to find out what is the current Sat Nav software version in my recently acquired 2007 RX350? It makes a few route guidance mistakes which I'm guessing could be because of software being in need of update. Once I find out what is my current software, can anyone tell me what is the most recent version available? Is eBay the best option for updating?

SW03ES did a post on this not to log ago. Just do a search and you should find it easely. Or pm him for help.

IMO your dealer would be the best bet for a Guaranted Current update.

Paul

Thanks Paul, but I have done a bit of reading and I'm more confused than ever about whats needed to update my Sat Nav.

My 2007 rx 350 is running Version 14 of the Navigation Data dvd. I understand that the new Version 16 is available direct from Sensis Australia for $325 and that it is as easy to install as putting the DVD into the dashboard player and switching to Navigation and uploading the data.

What I'm confused about whether there is a difference between this type of installation and a "software update".

From reading forums on this site and the Australian Lexus form, I understand there may be two processes involved: updating the Navigation Data and updating the system software (???).

Am I correct that there are two processes involved here? One involves getting V16 from Sensis and the other needs a Lexus service centre?

If so, what is involved in getting a sofware update?

This is a North American Lexus forum. The navigation hardware and software used in Lexus/Toyota cars in different parts of the world varies substantially so I doubt you will get accurate information here ... maybe try the Australia forum: http://au.lexusownersclub.com/

For example, there have been a number of threads from Europeans who bought U.S. specification Lexus cars and then are frustrated when they get home and find that they have to completely replace the navigation units in order to use software and maps for Europe. The following website discusses this issue: http://www.lexusnavigation.com/faq.php

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hi gumnut

not sure whether you ever resolved your query.

But I have an 07 RX350 on which I recently changed the Map DVD.

It's a matter of locating the player under the rear floor, to the side of the tool tray.

Then you just swap the DVD and away you go!

It's about $350 from a Lexus dealer. NOt sure if it's any different to buying from Sensis directly. Perhaps the Lexus one also updates o/s? I didn't notice any difference.

cheers

Satz