'96 Es300 Telephone System?

pfcperry17

Hi. I just bought a '96 ES300 for $2200 and was looking it over inside the trunk and all and noticed, in the trunk to start with, a black Panasonic box between the rear seat speakers that says phone on it and then a microphone over the drivers seat. Are these used?

I'd like to use it so I don't need to buy a bluetooth and I get a lot of calls, so It'd be nice to be able to answer it in my car. I don't like B.T headsets since they're uncomfortable to me. I cannot find a connector anywhere for it in the car. Please help me out. I'll post pics of what I'm talking about tommorow if you need them.

Pics would be interesting. If you can see a microphone, it's an aftermarket something since the microphone for the 96 ES was in a control module on the left side of the steering wheel. If you don't see a controller switch or other components, maybe a previous owner ripped them out. I suppose you could trace the wires from the box you found in the trunk and see where they lead. Maybe try to find a model number on the Panasonic component you found and Google it.

The Panasonic car related phone products I see on the Internet are ones that plug into their more recent car stereo products - pic attached.

post-2157-0-44889800-1292070984_thumb.jp