Vsc /check Engine Light

mimstim

Replaced the position sensor assy.I also had a P1120 code but that is gone now.Put it on a Snap On code reader and P1121 indicates a volt fault.Intermittent Vsc/check eng fault.Checked the connections and everything looks good.Any ideas ??

Thanks for the pdf !There is a slot on the TPS to move it a little.Replaced the batt in feb for a intermittent VSC light.Seems like half the systems run thre that circuit.The LS 400 has 185,000 miles and the engine is so quiet you can hardly hear it.Great vehicle !

Yes, thanks for the info Billy. I can see where the wiper arms in all of these position sensors can get dirty, corroded, etc. over the years and cause poor performance (possibly intermittent).

Pulled the TPS out again and checked the resistance to the old unit and both read the same.I am only getting 4.7 volts where it supposed to be 5vdc.Possible loose connection?Just drove back from the shop and running fine.Go figure.....Where does that 5 vdc come from? Thanks for your help! Tim

Pulled the TPS out again and checked the resistance to the old unit and both read the same.I am only getting 4.7 volts where it supposed to be 5vdc.Possible loose connection?Just drove back from the shop and running fine.Go figure.....Where does that 5 vdc come from? Thanks for your help! Tim

this might help

sf-43tps.pdf