Calling All Awd Models

yolex

I am considering 2006-2009 Lexus RX330 with awd. The only situation I would need the awd is when we go to our cabin which

has a slighly steep incline to get up. I have a 4runner 4x4 now and have to use the 4wd high to get up. Once I forgot to put

it in 4wd and the rear spun for several seconds then finally got up, just to give you an idea of the incline. No loose gravel

mostly rock and dirt, little muddy in the rainy season.

I read somewhere about the later models having a snow button or lock that you could press. All I need in my 4runner is the 4wd

button to get up... never have to touch the seperate 4wd H/lo stick.

I am considering 2006-2009 Lexus RX330 with awd. The only situation I would need the awd is when we go to our cabin which

has a slighly steep incline to get up. I have a 4runner 4x4 now and have to use the 4wd high to get up. Once I forgot to put

it in 4wd and the rear spun for several seconds then finally got up, just to give you an idea of the incline. No loose gravel

mostly rock and dirt, little muddy in the rainy season.

I read somewhere about the later models having a snow button or lock that you could press. All I need in my 4runner is the 4wd

button to get up... never have to touch the seperate 4wd H/lo stick.

2008 and 2009 are RX350s, not 330s. The 'snow' button in the AWDs just makes the car start in second gear instead of first, and extends the change sequence slightly thereafter. The AWD is always 'active' (fulltime AWD).

Also be aware that the AWD in these vehicles is extremely front-biased, probably as much as 80 to 85% most of the time. If you need true 4-wheel-drive for your intended purposes, the RX is very mediocre in this particular ability....