Sc400 Wont Start (Battery Or Starter)

kevin4747

When I turn the ignition I get the clicking sound and nothing else, car is in great shape with only 94K miles, battery is three yrs old, perfect condition, clean leads, starter and battery have always been perfect, starting right up within a second or two, can't tell from forums what the bad part is, appreciate getting some advice

When I turn the ignition I get the clicking sound and nothing else, car is in great shape with only 94K miles, battery is three yrs old, perfect condition, clean leads, starter and battery have always been perfect, starting right up within a second or two, can't tell from forums what the bad part is, appreciate getting some advice

Which clicking sound? That of the soleniod or of the starter trying to crank? I think your saying the solenoid. Anyway; if it it clicks, it wants to start. That's 2 things starter or solenoid. First; jump start it. If that works you need Battery. If noise is the same as you describe: starter. If noise changes: repost a more detailed description of what happens and what you hear.

Thanks a lot for the help, got the car towed to dealership and have to wait a few days to get diagnosis, it's gotta be the starter b/c the car has electricity (headlights and guages work), right? Well I was planning to get the car checked out at Lexus anyway, keep you posted

Just found out all I need is a new battery. Surprised but relieved, I guess the car can still get electricity from a low battery, but not have the juice to crank the motor? You were right jzz30... cool cars, I had a 94 ES300 that got to 200k easily, now I got this 92 SC400, want to keep it forever, can't say enough about this car. Waiting for diagnosis about Check Engine light and engine overheat/no HVAC heat, see if I can provide some insight about maintaining our cars.