Mark Levinson Audio System

cynalan

I am in the market to purchase an RX350 in the next few days. Wife landed a job and need a second car. I have decided to buy the RX350 but have a question about audio systems. I will be purchasing the touring package but would like to know if the upgrade to the Mark Levinson audio package will yield significantly better sound. I know that this is a subjective question. Unfortunately, there are no dealers in my area who have the SUV equipped with this sound system. Your opinions would be helpful. Thanks.

I know that this is a subjective question.

I think you nailed it with this statement! I upgraded to the Ultra Premium Pkg on my 2010 RX450h, and the Mark Levinson system is at the top of the list for reasons I love this vehicle so much. I've had it for about a year now, and still get giddy everytime - I can crank it to a bearable level and the sound is crisp and deep, and envelopes you. But then, I listen to music almost every second I am awake, and I LOVE listening to it loud. :)

Problem is, I have nothing to compare it to, but the JBL system in my wife's 07 Camry Hybrid (and that is NO comparison).

Not sure if this helps?

I did not have the ML in my 05' ES and when I bought my 2010 I had the system on the top of my list. I sat in a ML equipped car for a long time and then sat in a non ML car. I came away unimpressed with the Mark Levinson. It's not that the ML system is not good, it sounds pretty good. It is just that it's not THAT good. For example, it only has a a 3 band equalizer when a system like that, at that price, should have at least a 6-10 band spread. After I listened to the Lexus system, I decided I could add a small sub woofer in the trunk with an amp for about $300 and get a good respectable system with good highs and a great bottom.

If you enjoy music as much as you do, you will always like your ML investment. For a several dollars less you can have a very enjoyable system with a few modifications.

I would recommend doing a search of the forum to see if you can find some other opinions. The ML system comes up every now and then and should be easy to find.

Paul