Is Black The New Silver?

pj8708

I can't believe silver sells at all, IMO it's the most boring color out there! Whenever i see a silver car on the road i have to squint to see if it's even been painted. :blink:

I can't believe silver sells at all, IMO it's the most boring color out there! Whenever i see a silver car on the road i have to squint to see if it's even been painted. :blink:

No offense to anyone, of course, but I think that honor would fall to beige or some shades of grey. But, I guess I'm partial, my GS is silver :)

I like silver cars a lot, but they are just so over-represented on the road. Real easy to take care of...

You do see a lot of black cars out there nowadays too...

It does seem like every other car is a shade of silver. In fact my neighbor just bought a new Avalon. Silver.

I was concerned about my Black Saphire Pearl being hard to keep clean, but so far it's not to bad. How's the Truffle Mica doing?

Paul

Its great, much easier to care for than the Garnet was which is good. One thing I'm really happy about is its much easier to touch up than the garnet was.

I really like that dark grey color that is so popular nowadays, Flint Mica, Smokey Granite Mica, etc. Issue is EVERYBODY has that color, which is what made me go with the Truffle.

To me, the key to a dark colored car (or any color except silver) is the claybar detail with a couple of coats of polish and wax thereafter. My GS was silver, and I hated the color, it never could produce that deep "twinkle" shine, no matter what I did to it. It...was...just...silver 24/7. The VW is black, my second black car (LS was black). The lessons I learned here on the LS, I've applied to all other cars going forward, including the 4runner (deep blue). I did the claybar detail on the VW about a month ago, made a huge difference. Got snow on the ground here, lots of slush and wintery CRAP. Looking at the car now across the street in the parking garage, and can still see that "twinkle" coming through all the grime from the morning commute. Next to it, is a silver car....just plain ole' dull silver. Next to that, is a smoke grey Audi SUV...looks really nice, has that "depth". Claybar, in my opinion, makes all colors really "pop", except for some reason silver. The GS was my first, and last, silver car.

...and by the way...what the heck is "Trufle" Steve? My !Removed! won't allow me to go beyond the basics here...red, blue, white, black, grey. Thanks....now I have to go over to the Lexus website and look it up! Inflincta-mecca-rosemary-seeds-of-happy-!Removed!. AKA - DARK RED!! :lol:

Its great, much easier to care for than the Garnet was which is good. One thing I'm really happy about is its much easier to touch up than the garnet was.

I really like that dark grey color that is so popular nowadays, Flint Mica, Smokey Granite Mica, etc. Issue is EVERYBODY has that color, which is what made me go with the Truffle.

I think the Truffle is great. It is so rich in appearance and has a lot of depth to it's color. As you said, it stands out from the dozens of shades of Grey/smoke etc.

I know next to nothing about touching up minor scratches except those little bottles they sell with the finger nail polish like brush to apply it. There must be something better. How do you do touch up?

Thanks,

Paul