Howdy

True Streets

I don't technically own a Lexus, but I'm working with lexus drive train parts. I'm currently swapping in an IS350 drive train into my 85 Celica. It's already bolted in, just the nightmare of wiring.

th_img516.jpg

th_DSCN0915.jpg

th_DSCN0918.jpg

the axle pic is an extra wide axle with F-code pumpkin. The extra width is for the wide body that will be coming XD

Right now the only mods I got going are.

XXR 002 16x8 wheels

12.76" Front brakes with 4 pot calipers

Front coil overs with adjustable shocks in a custom short stroke strut setup

Caster plates

(forget how big) Rear vented disc brake conversion

F-code with 3.903 gears

Lowering springs in the rear with stiffer shocks

old school momo steering wheel

some poly bushing.

Digital gauge cluster (not hooked up yet)

And of course the IS350 swap.

Thought i'd join see if there are any hardcore lexus modders.

dcfish: Thanks, will do. Current works is to get the rear axle welded up with new brackets and work on a MKIII Supra steering (mounts in front of the struts) rack since my stock rack mounts behind the struts and the IS350 motor is a rear sump... not a whole lot of room. Here some pics of how tight it is.

th_DSCN0931.jpg

th_DSCN0930.jpg

th_DSCN0917.jpg

th_DSCN0916.jpg

Paul: Well it is still hooked up to the 6spd auto, I wanted to hook up the 6spd stick from the 250, but they're just so freaking hard to find in the wreckers, didn't want to keep delaying the project I kept the auto.

dcfish: Thanks, will do. Current works is to get the rear axle welded up with new brackets and work on a MKIII Supra steering (mounts in front of the struts) rack since my stock rack mounts behind the struts and the IS350 motor is a rear sump... not a whole lot of room. Here some pics of how tight it is.

th_DSCN0931.jpg

th_DSCN0930.jpg

th_DSCN0917.jpg

th_DSCN0916.jpg

Paul: Well it is still hooked up to the 6spd auto, I wanted to hook up the 6spd stick from the 250, but they're just so freaking hard to find in the wreckers, didn't want to keep delaying the project I kept the auto.

So basically, you jacked up the dome light and built a whole new car underneath!!! LOL

Keep at it.

Paul