How Do I Tell If My 2008 Rx350 Is Awd?

Recently purchased a CPO RX350 2008. It was advertised as AWD but there are no markings indicating that and not specified in owners manual. When I called to register it, the customer service rep couldn't tell if it was an AWD not by the vin. I remember reading previously that the H in the VIN indicated AWD and a G indicated a FWD, but this was for the RX330. Anybody know how to confirm by VIN if awd for the 350?

Thanks!

Recently purchased a CPO RX350 2008. It was advertised as AWD but there are no markings indicating that and not specified in owners manual. When I called to register it, the customer service rep couldn't tell if it was an AWD not by the vin. I remember reading previously that the H in the VIN indicated AWD and a G indicated a FWD, but this was for the RX330. Anybody know how to confirm by VIN if awd for the 350?

Thanks!

Look at the rear axle.

With driveshaft=awd

Without driveshaft=2wd

• 1 year later...

Thanks!

Even if you discover that you have "AWD" please keep in mind that your RX is PRIMARILY a patently UNSAFE FWD when operating with wintertime adverse roadbed conditions. The RX uses 3 simple, fully open, diff'ls, front, center and rear. That results in it being a simple ONE-WHEEL-DRIVE except AFTER wheel/spin/slip occurs in which case TC, Traction Control, activates.

Late model RXes have the ability to switch off TC.