Sc400 Keep Shuting Off As Soon As I Press The Gas

ikeim2345

• 11 months later...

Hello, was wondering what ended up being your issue? I have a very similar problem with my sc400.. I'm almost ready to turn it into a giant target range! haha

Have you checked the pressure from your fuel pump? It's possible your fuel line or fuel filter is clogged.

As far as my car goes, I've checked the filter to make sure it wasn't obstructed, even replacing it anyway since it's off. Fuel pressure is good. In addition, replacing the O2 sensors because of a trouble code, MAF sensor, and checked the plug wires, as well as coils to make sure one of them isn't "shorting out" once it gets hot. I should have the MAF within the next few days, I'm feeling sure that's my problem at hand. But I'm still checking other feeds to see what everyone else has found with similar issues just in case.

• 3 weeks later...

As far as my car goes, I've checked the filter to make sure it wasn't obstructed, even replacing it anyway since it's off. Fuel pressure is good. In addition, replacing the O2 sensors because of a trouble code, MAF sensor, and checked the plug wires, as well as coils to make sure one of them isn't "shorting out" once it gets hot. I should have the MAF within the next few days, I'm feeling sure that's my problem at hand. But I'm still checking other feeds to see what everyone else has found with similar issues just in case.

Any luck on your problems? How did the fuel pressure and pump checkout? I had a whole series of problems just like this check my post if you like. Make sure you have fuel pressure and ignition. Replace the plugs and clean the throttle plates. Check the electrical resistance values of the IAC motor. Next consider cleaning the IAC valve by a complete disassembly and clean electrical section with CRC electrical cleaner and the probe area with throttle/choke cleaner. Slightly lubricate the motor gear positioning srew threads with Mobil One oil. Before reassembly try spining the motor from one limit to the other positioning limit on its shaft to make sure it spins very freely and the shaft slides freely thru the housing! Next assemble the probe to be almost completely closed position but back it open about a turn or two on the motor. Reassemble and see what happens.

I'm going to poar some pictures soon so check it out.

Good Luck!