Installation Of Aftermarket Dvd/gps And The Entire Bells-And-Whistles-

Installation of aftermarket DVD/GPS and the entire bells-and-whistles- receiver in a GS350 which never originally had one to begin with.

After purchasing my 2007 GS 350 I now decided to upgrade to an aftermarket DVD/GPS/back-up camera etc receiver. I had thought this would have been an easier task, but all I hear is that Lexus has proprietary systems which makes adding on mounting kits, adaptors, harnesses very challenging. My local audio shops are very hesitant and even informed me to go to a larger market (city) for more experienced installers. Even Crutchfield and other reputable companies can’t find solutions.

What are some solutions....………………………… Does anyone know of any installers in the Chicago, Indianapolis or Cincinnati area who are competent to handle this?

Maybe member dcfish can help you with the OEM audio and navigation systems that were options on the 07 GS350. They were:

"Audio System - Mark Levinson® Premium Surround Sound Audio System with 7.1 architecture and in-dash, single-feed, six-disc CD/DVD auto-changer"

"Navigation System - Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera"

The only really good aftermarket audio system installs I've ever seen have been done by motivated car owners. Almost all the experiences with aftermarket car audio installers I've had have been unpleasant and some outright fraudulent. I know all installers aren't high school dropouts that can't pass the GED but that is what it has seemed like to me.

Maybe a VAIS iPod interface would be enough to float your boat: http://www.vaistech.com/products/home.php

Or dump your current 07 GS and get one with the above audio and navigation options - probably cost less and work better than going aftermarket.

Installation of aftermarket DVD/GPS and the entire bells-and-whistles- receiver in a GS350 which never originally had one to begin with.

After purchasing my 2007 GS 350 I now decided to upgrade to an aftermarket DVD/GPS/back-up camera etc receiver. I had thought this would have been an easier task, but all I hear is that Lexus has proprietary systems which makes adding on mounting kits, adaptors, harnesses very challenging. My local audio shops are very hesitant and even informed me to go to a larger market (city) for more experienced installers. Even Crutchfield and other reputable companies can't find solutions.

What are some solutions....………………………… Does anyone know of any installers in the Chicago, Indianapolis or Cincinnati area who are competent to handle this?

burkhds, I am looking into this for you as I type B) I will email you with the info.