Iphone Integration With 2006 Rx400H With Nav

Most of the discussions, that I have been able to find are a few years old. Does anyone have some recent experience with products that will allow me to use my iphone through the car systems, particularly the music/podcast functions? I've looked at the Dice Silverline and MediaBridge and read about the AIS units?

With any of these does one control the music through the nav screen? Does this get locked when in motion?

Have no need for Satellite input so my guess is that the Silverline would provide the functionality.

Generally, confused and overwhelmed by this topic. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ed,

iPhone as a phone works ok. You only have to use another phone which is compatible with Lexus to transfer phone book into your Lexus. Then you need to spend some time narrating names into Lexus system. Then voice dial works just fine.

You cannot dial numbers while the car is moving, but Speed Dial works on nav screen.

Music - I use iPod for music in my RX. I use VAISTECH SL2i. It works great. You can operate it through nav screen even when the car is moving, however you cannot get into details of the tunes, this is only possible when the car stops.

In new RX450 support for both iPhone and iPod is fully integrated.

Regards

Bluesman

And you get voice dial to work on the 06 400H, through the car system, how?

The Vaistech SLI I have had for a few years shows all ipod info all the time, (on the radio screen) as well as providing an aux input for my XM Radio( Not shown on the radio screen).

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to use the vais and the seperate switch (cutting wires) together to give both the vais features and the ability to use navigation and bluetooth while in motion.?

Is there a way to use the vais and the seperate switch (cutting wires) together to give both the vais features and the ability to use navigation and bluetooth while in motion.?

If you are not into cutting wires, there is a plug and play kit from BeatSonic that will provide the functionality you are looking for. I have it installed on my 2008 with the SLi and can access navigation, dvd, phone book, mp3 and all functionality of the iPod/iPhone while the car is in motion.

Let me know if you want more information and I will be glad to help.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also spent a lot of time visiting the vendors websites and reading the different threads related to iPod/iPhone integration, but I'm still confused about something:

- What are the adaptors that would allow me to listen to my live iPhone podcasts throught the car's speakers?