Vin Numbers And Maintenance -- Who Can See?

prix

can my lexus dealer tell if i've taken my car to a lexus specialty shop for repairs by punching in the vin#? or, can they only tell if i've taken it to another lexus dealership for service? on one of these posts someone said that the lexus shps were 'linked' and could see all history of maintenance with your vin#. wondered if that applied to lexus speciality shops (where they have lexus trained mechanics). thanks.

No - they cannot.

Only links are via Lexus dealerships. An independent shop will not be on their records.

But if any owner keeps the records from indep. shop, it will be proof of maintenance enough that another buyer should feel good about it.....

Just always go to a good , reputable lexus/import shop in your area. The good words will follow its reputation.

I def have ALL receipts from day one, and have only dealt with reputable shops. Was just curious whether the dealer could tell I 'defected' to someone else on some stuff is all. :-)