Used Car Satellite Activation

jjslexus

Bought a 2004 ES330 in great condition. The radio has a satellite button. I realize that there is an additional unit that may or may not have been installed in the car when new for it to receive XM or Serius satellite radio. Is there an easy way to figure out if one is installed? If so, I would like to activate it, but not really interested in a $700 purchase of a radio option.

All ideas appreciated.

Thank you.

John

Bought a 2004 ES330 in great condition. The radio has a satellite button. I realize that there is an additional unit that may or may not have been installed in the car when new for it to receive XM or Serius satellite radio. Is there an easy way to figure out if one is installed? If so, I would like to activate it, but not really interested in a $700 purchase of a radio option.

All ideas appreciated.

Thank you.

John

Hi John,

If as you say, the radio head already has a SAT button you already have SAT radio capability. Hopefully in your owners manual someone would have left a note with the radio ID number. If not, push the SAT button and tune the radio station to "0". An eight digit number should appear in the display. This is the XM Radio ID number. Call XM Listener Care Service at 1-877-515-3987. This number is for new subscribers. They will be able to activate your radio while your on the phone.

Enjoy!

Paul