E.g.g. Pipe

Casper Lx400

Sorry, I know its a dealer. Call Lexus of Pembroke Pines (FL), 1 888 373-4470. Ask for Dennis and the directions for the online site. They will give you about 30% off the list price and are a pleasure to deal with. Your egr pipe lists for about 200 and should be around 140.

does any one know where I can get the E.g.g. pipe for my 1990 Ls 400?????????????

I appreciate in advance any guidance to a good place that's not the dealer ...

never heard of a EGG pipe, if you mean a EGR, the dealer is the only place I have found them, never wanted a used one.... I replaced them on both of my 97's awhile back.... I now have 99's

my 97's looked like this: (movie is for size comparison)

post-5365-0-08633000-1291293553_thumb.jp

post-5365-0-12620300-1291293577_thumb.jp

They are not easy to remove/refit but some members have successfully welded the break which is normally in the concertina section,it has also been mentioned in the past that worn engine mountings can cause it to fracture so have a look at these too.

That is a good sidenote on the engine mounts. I suppose if they were bad, the engine could lift and twist the EGR pipe. Anyone tried using JB Weld or something like that on it? Looking at the location, it sure doesn't look easy to change.

Times on changing the pipe vary from 45 minutes (this was a Lexus dealer using a modified wrench!) up to 4 hours, thankfully as mine is a JDM import it's a job that I will never have to do.EGR is not fitted in Japan :)

does any one know where I can get the E.g.g. pipe for my 1990 Ls 400?????????????

never heard of a EGG pipe, if you mean a EGR, the dealer is the only place I have found them, never wanted a used one.... I replaced them on both of my 97's awhile back.... I now have 99's

Hi, Mr. Powell,

Are those two gaskets of EGR pipe the same? Can you confirm part number of each of the two? Thanks.

Hi, Mr. Powell,

Are those two gaskets of EGR pipe the same? Can you confirm part number of each of the two? Thanks.

Just in case this may help anyone with an EGR leak. Here are some part numbers for tubes and gaskets for the 95-97 LS400.

Tube #2 (upper): 25602-50010

Gaskets needed for #2 are:

2x 25628-50010

Tube #1 (lower): 25602-50010

Gaskets needed for #1 are:

1x 25628-50010

1x 25634-50010

Where is Wikileaks when you need them?

The modified wrench part is interesting. I could modify any wrench. Wonder what it looks like?

I asked to see what the dealer was using but they refused,I will have another try when I next go.