Sign in to follow this  
rykster

Shiney Black Tires

What do you guys suggest I use to keep my tires shiney and new looking? I have been using an Armor All product called "Extreme Tire Shine Gel." It works well, goes on easier than sprays, but doesn't last long, maybe a week or two. I finished the bottle this evening and am wondering if there is something better.

Thanks.

I never use tire dressings since many (most?) tire makers specifically recommend against them. Maybe some are safe but I don't know: http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=harmful+effects+of+tire+dressings&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=3f2d83e828bdfbc

I just wipe the outside of the tires down with a towel each time I wash my car - that keeps them looking pretty good. I also don't allow my cars to be washed or the interior cleaned when I take a car in for service. From my experience, most damage at repair shops and dealerships is caused by clean up crews.

Previous I loved Zaino versus the armor all look... more matte

just tried this and it i think it is the best a more natural longer lasting tire prep and not the synthetic crap that you have to clean off. used on my wifes rs 350 and my es 350

http://www.westcoastdetailsupply.com/Tire_Wheel_Care_Tuf_Shine_Tire_Appearance_Kit.html

it works just ensure you properly clean the tires to remove all previous crap on 'em--- my tires still look good after month of rian and they redid roads i ahve to go through over--dust city for a month... just wash em and have not reapplied the clearcoat shine again.... looks gr8