Centre Console Box Jammed

chopstks

I was stupid trying to squeeze in my cup holder divider (that I have removed) into the centre console box of my 2010 Lexus E350. In fact it was not crowded but there was a Subway plastic bag that expanded a bit causing the cup divider to jam the sliding centre console box. Now it can only slide open an inch and jammed completely. Is that any other way to open the centre console before I bring it to the dealer?

I was stupid trying to squeeze in my cup holder divider (that I have removed) into the centre console box of my 2010 Lexus E350. In fact it was not crowded but there was a Subway plastic bag that expanded a bit causing the cup divider to jam the sliding centre console box. Now it can only slide open 1 1/2 inch and then jammed completely. Is that any other way to open the centre console before I bring it to the dealer?

Thank goodness. I solved my own problem by using a hanger and some tape. But it was still hours of painful work (both hands are now bruised) and lots of patience to loosen it up. You also need a lot of luck. Just everyone remember NOT to crowd the centre console box. The slide to open is a design flaw.

I was stupid trying to squeeze in my cup holder divider (that I have removed) into the centre console box of my 2010 Lexus E350. In fact it was not crowded but there was a Subway plastic bag that expanded a bit causing the cup divider to jam the sliding centre console box. Now it can only slide open 1 1/2 inch and then jammed completely. Is that any other way to open the centre console before I bring it to the dealer?

Thank goodness. I solved my own problem by using a hanger and some tape. But it was still hours of painful work (both hands are now bruised) and lots of patience to loosen it up. You also need a lot of luck. Just everyone remember NOT to crowd the centre console box. The slide to open is a design flaw.

Glad to hear you got your problem solved. Remember you have a bumper to bumper warranty and many dealers are very understanding and forgiving of the day to day things that just happen! Some are not. I say give it a try and save your knuckles. If they want to charge you, do it yourself.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Its not a design flaw...its just not meant to be stuffed full of Subway bags and other stuff. Keep things neat and you'll have no problems...

I believe it is a design flaw.I've owned my brand new Es 350 two weeks and my console is jammed.I think it's a small box of mints in the sliding tray.

Sorry, but I don't agree. The design is an improvement over previous offerings IMO, and it offers some flexibility in bi-level storage that was not in the 330 series. I use the features of my 2010 ES storage console every day and have zero problems.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Its not a design flaw...its just not meant to be stuffed full of Subway bags and other stuff. Keep things neat and you'll have no problems...

Yes IT IS A DESIGN FLAW. I kept one bag only NOT FULL OF BAGS lol. Besides it's not the bag that jammed the door, it's something plastic like the CD boxes. Well unless you leave it empty, then it won't jam at all. My old Camry console opens up vertically NOT SLIDE OPEN and it NEVER jammed. Talked to my dealer and they admitted the sliding was a headache to them. This is definitely not a day-to-day problem but it will happen to anyone. Just don't say you aren't warned when this happened.

Yes IT IS A DESIGN FLAW. I kept one bag only NOT FULL OF BAGS lol. Besides it's not the bag that jammed the door, it's something plastic like the CD boxes. Well unless you leave it empty, then it won't jam at all. My old Camry console opens up vertically NOT SLIDE OPEN and it NEVER jammed. Talked to my dealer and they admitted the sliding was a headache to them. This is definitely not a day-to-day problem but it will happen to anyone. Just don't say you aren't warned when this happened.

Thank you for yelling. Have a nice day!

Paul

Mine is full of well organized things, and I have absolutely no problems...

The console is REALLY deep...a CD box wouldn't get near the door mechanism unless the box was full of junk.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

I have a 2010 RX350 with the grey center console cover between front seat faded and cracked  Need new cover... Already discussed with upholstery guy and he says you need to replace it.  Dealer wants 500 for a cover.   Any ideas where I can get one at a reasonable price.?  thanks