Spring Valve Recall Voucher?

I was referred to Lexus for this recall by my local Toyota. Guys at Toyota has told me that Lexus might send me $500 voucher towards their future service. Is this just a city legend or someone got something for those recalls from Lexus?

I was referred to Lexus for this recall by my local Toyota. Guys at Toyota has told me that Lexus might send me $500 voucher towards their future service. Is this just a city legend or someone got something for those recalls from Lexus?

It's true. I received a letter dated October 27 saying that "in the next few weeks, you will received a $500 gift card toward the purchase of parts and services at your Lexus dealership. In addition, we are enclosing a $1,500 certificate towards the purchase or lease of a new Lexus vehicle." I haven't yet received the gift card.

• 1 month later...

I received a voucher for $500 towards parts,service etc as well as a $2000 voucher towards the purchase or lease of a Lexus vehicle valid at any Canadian Lexus Dealer. I received this in September and I just took my LS460 into the dealer today to have the valve spring recall work done. Lexus Canada and Lexus U.S.A. operate independentely.

The dealer gave me a brand new RX350 as a loner.