Wax On A Black Is350

What's the best way to protect the finish on my black IS350? The dealer told me never to wax the clearcoat (he claims it doesn't need it) but to use a spray product by Meguiers called "Ultimate Quick Detailer." I looked at the bottle and it is to be used BETWEEN waxings. Also, anybody know about something called an "acrylic paint conditioner?"

This is my first "high-end" car (as opposed to the wife's Chrysler and my previous Jeeps and Mazdas) and first black car, and I'd really like to keep it looking "high-end." In the old days, old guys like me would put on 3 coats of Meguiers and be done with it. Now there are all these "polymer" and "synthetics" and even sprays. So what works?

Help!

What's the best way to protect the finish on my black IS350? The dealer told me never to wax the clearcoat (he claims it doesn't need it) but to use a spray product by Meguiers called "Ultimate Quick Detailer." I looked at the bottle and it is to be used BETWEEN waxings. Also, anybody know about something called an "acrylic paint conditioner?"

This is my first "high-end" car (as opposed to the wife's Chrysler and my previous Jeeps and Mazdas) and first black car, and I'd really like to keep it looking "high-end." In the old days, old guys like me would put on 3 coats of Meguiers and be done with it. Now there are all these "polymer" and "synthetics" and even sprays. So what works?

Help!

If someone here doesn't answer your question, join Meguiar's On Line.

Briefly, using Meguiar's the surface must be washed, clayed, corrected and then waxed. NXT Tech Wax 2.0 followed by Gold Class Carnuba Plus or two coats of either will look very good. However the surface must be prepped properly first before waxing.

Lexus black looks awesome freshly waxed. Of course, hundreds of other products are available. Do a test spot and pick what you like.

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...