Frt & Rr Swaybar Bushings Gone?

sizemo49

my '92 SC400 with 124k makes a scrunching sound, front and rear, as it

goes through dips or hits a driveway edge, etc. steering and handling remaing top notch with no abnormal sounds during highway speed cornering, etc. Was wondering if sway bar or other bushings could cause this? thanks.

My soarer does that too. whenever i go over the spike strips(the correct way) itll scrunch when it goes down and also on this one dip in the road. i bought it used and it had an aftermarket suspension set-up on it so i dont know what it has on right now. it rebounds fairly nicely but the handling overall sucks compared to my Grand Prix. i may have to take a look at my bushings...thats a good idea

i had the same problem with my LS i changed everysingle suspension part on the front of my car and the noise was still there and i finally changed the swaybar bushings and the noise finally went away. they are cheap so why not change them. they are only like 20 bucks a piece.

i had the same problem with my LS i changed everysingle suspension part on the front of my car and the noise was still there and i finally changed the swaybar bushings and the noise finally went away. they are cheap so why not change them. they are only like 20 bucks a piece.

$20?? That's not bad at all.

what's the labor on replacing sway bushings? i mean how much time does it take? thanks.

I had mine replaced about a year or so ago and total with parts, labor and tax seemed to be about $188.

I have read all the posts about bushings and am now confused about all the different bushings? are the bushings for the front and rear stabilizer bar the same as the bushings for the control arms? the car is making the same noise again afte about 30,000 more miles. how often do they need replaced?

what's the labor on replacing sway bushings?  i mean how much time does it take?  thanks.

I had mine replaced about a year or so ago and total with parts, labor and tax seemed to be about $188.

I have read all the posts about bushings and am now confused about all the different bushings? are the bushings for the front and rear stabilizer bar the same as the bushings for the control arms? the car is making the same noise again afte about 30,000 more miles. how often do they need replaced?

Control arm and sway bar bushings are different