Tail Lights Are Holding Water !

jimmyespi

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

I'VE GOT A SC400 1993. MY PASSENGER SIDE TAIL LIGHT WAS NOT WORKING SO I TOOK IT OUT AND THE LIGHT AND CONNECTORS WERE FULL OF WATER. THEREFORE I THINK THE WATER PROBABLY SHORTED OUT THE LIGHTS.

I CAN FIX THEM I THINK BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO GET THE CONNECTORS (THE RECEPTICLE THE BULBS GO INTO ) FOR MY CAR AND YEAR. THESE CONNECTORS ARE WET AND RUSTED OUT, ALTHOUGH THEY ARE PLASTIC THE THING THAT HOLDS THE LIGHT BULBS ARE METAL .

I WOULD APPRECIATE ANYONES HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM AND THANK EVERYONE FOR LOOKING AT THIS POST

JIMMYSLEX IN CHICAGO

If you can remove the bulbs from the metal housing, you should be able to sand down those with some sandpaper or a green scouring pad. Thats what I did, and it worked perfectly from then on. I would reseal the bulb housing with some 100% silicone before placing new bulbs back in there. If that doesnt get it, you will need to remove the lights again, and place in oven for 300 degrees for 5 minutes and the pull apart. Once apart, I would dry everything out with compressed air, and then clean the lenses, then reseal everything with 100% silicone. YOu may have to place in oven a couple of times to keep the factory glue from sticking on you. LMK how it worked out.