Removing Cross Bars

rx350gumnut

This is an info piece rather than a question. I've had my RX 350 for just a week now and could not be happier. In the interest of sharing, I thought I would mention what I've done with my cross bars as it seems to have come up several times before. I found the earlier threads and they scared me, so I went to my local Lexus Service and watched while the mechanic took less than five minutes and had both cross bars off. All he used was his hands and a screwdriver. I'll store the bars for the next owner as I know I'll never need them and if I do its another five minutes at Lexus. The style lines look cleaner to me, and the roof is easier to clean. cheers from Sydney. (PS: love this site...there is so much useful information here).

Sorry for late response. I dont believe there was any wind noise with the cross bars in place; they are so well tucked into the aerodynamics of the roofline. I removed them for style reasons, and to make the roof easier to clean. Plus the simple reality that I dont need them.