No Privacy

retvethogrider

I recently was informed that a Google search on my user ID disclosed that my profile from this site was made public outside this organization. I was able to confirm such. I find that disgusting. I am not a very happy camper about this and the fact I can find no responsible individual to contact re: this matter. Someone please advise.

I recently was informed that a Google search on my user ID disclosed that my profile from this site was made public outside this organization. I was able to confirm such. I find that disgusting. I am not a very happy camper about this and the fact I can find no responsible individual to contact re: this matter. Someone please advise.

I don't understand what the big deal is. Don't put anything in your profile that you would not want others to know anyone can register to join this site and see your profile. I googled mine and there is nothing on there that would bother me? I am just wondering if I am missing something that has you concerned. It is not like this if your bank or credit card company that is showing you card numbers or account numbers?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I don't see the big deal. Google yourself and you'll find your Facebook profile, etc. These things are by the nature of posting them online, a matter of public domain. All the threads you post in are searchable from outside the site too.

What do you have in your LOC profile you don't want people to see? It lists like...what kind of car you have...and the state you live in...and only if you choose to put that information in there. Don't want anybody to know anything about you? Delete all the fields in your profile.

Not a very happy camper? If this worries you...you should stop using the Internet because you're not cut out for it. There is no privacy on the Internet.

Just for fun, I Googled your screen name.

Pretty tough response you gave that ebayer on July 1 2010.

You have good feedback though:

http://myworld.ebay.com/retvethogrider

How do you like the Squash Air Freshener you bought from ebay on December 2nd?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290301675473&viewitem=#ht_500wt_956

Or the floor mount for your Garmin Nuvi you bought on November 30th?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400145331382#ht_1684wt_907

$1,556 was a good price for the Rolex you sold on September 15th.

You are a member at sexadventurefinder.com? Creepy.

You post some on voices.idahostatesman.com

Like I said...no privacy on the Internet