Driver Side Door Switch Can Not Control Passenger Door

Hi all,

I have a small issue with my wife's 2008 RX-350. recently the battery went out. I have the battery replaced from Walmart Store (close to my house) then few days later I have notice that when I use the switch on the driver side door to control roll up/down on the front passenger door. The door wont move up/down as it should. Even though I have the safety interlock button enable or disable (it doesn;t make any different).

Then I try to use the switch that located on the passenger door panel and I can move the window up/down as it should. I did check all the fused, did not find any blown fuses. I wonder any other reset, setup when replace the battery may caused this. with your help will be appreciated.

thanks

It's something like this:

Roll each window down fully and roll them back up (from their own panelswitch). Do not use the automatic down/up function. Once you do all 4, they should work from the driver's side switch.

Or, roll window down, then up and keep the switch pressed untill it beeps.

There's a section in your manual stating what to do when you have replaced the battery or lost power to ECU.

It's something like this:

Roll each window down fully and roll them back up (from their own panelswitch). Do not use the automatic down/up function. Once you do all 4, they should work from the driver's side switch.

Or, roll window down, then up and keep the switch pressed untill it beeps.

There's a section in your manual stating what to do when you have replaced the battery or lost power to ECU.

I'll try that when get home from work today. - thanks

Yep, just needs to be reset like intakerGS said.

Probably in the top 5 most STUPID things Lexus did when designing the newer Lexus'.

You rank it as low as a top 5?... I would think it deserves at least a top 3 stupid status. This was an engineer that had to much time on his/her hands.

Paul

Yep, just needs to be reset like intakerGS said.

Probably in the top 5 most STUPID things Lexus did when designing the newer Lexus'.

You rank it as low as a top 5?... I would think it deserves at least a top 3 stupid status. This was an engineer that had to much time on his/her hands.

Paul

Haha, maybe you're right.. It's pretty stupid! :rolleyes: