Retrofit Oem Navi With Alpine Touch Screen

HunterXRen

Hey guys,

I have been searching multiple lexus forums on how I could accomplish my task. I want to keep my car looking stock with the navi, so I don't like the idea of the In-dash Headunit. My car did not come with a navi system so I understand I will have to go buy all those parts from the Lexus dealer or else where. I plan on purchasing the Alpine TME-S370 monitor and the Alpine NVE-M300 navigation system for my car. If you guys have used this set up or do no recommend it please let me know. My main concern is how do I hook up the motorized lid opening/closing stock OEM wiring into the car. I can't seem to find any instructions on how to do that. Please let me know cause I am dying to find out.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, that's going to be your biggest issue. But seeing as how your going to have to tear your entire center dash apart anyway, then see if you can patch in a unit from a Cadillac or some other more readliy available parts off another model that used the same type of motorized monitor. I think if you look at a more current system from another car should be cheaper and much more reliable after all that work.