Extended Warranty 2004 Es350

happy 5671

I have an ES 350 2004 with 69,000 miles. I am contemplating an extended warranty for 2 years for $2400 with $100 deductible. The car is in good shape although the Lexus Maintenance advised that I should replace the timing belt for $400. Whats the opinion - is this a waste of my money?

I have an ES 350 2004 with 69,000 miles. I am contemplating an extended warranty for 2 years for $2400 with $100 deductible. The car is in good shape although the Lexus Maintenance advised that I should replace the timing belt for $400. Whats the opinion - is this a waste of my money?

Hello, I hope that this will help you decide about the extended warrentee. I have a 2002 ES300 with 66,000 mi and I own the car for three years next month. Anyway, I asked the Lexus service advice if I should change the Transmission fluid at 66,000 mi. I was told previously was told by another advisor that Lexus DOES NOT RECOMMEND TO CHANGE THE TRANS FLUID. Well he said bring the car in and he'll have it checked. I also told him that the trans. shifts horrably and the ecm was "reflashed" about two years ago. The Service advisor informed me that the trans was slipping and Lexus will replace it under warrentee. It's a 4,300.00 repair job using a REMAN Trans. To me, it still shifts the same. It's a little better but not much better. SO If you have ant trans. problems I would suggest the warrentee. I found that Lexus is pretty good with their repairs/ service. But I guess for the price we pay for their cars they should be. I also have a SC430 that will be out of warrentee at the end of this week(YIKES). I hope I don't get any problems with that baby, lol. I had my timing belt changed when they did the trans. I guess its like an insurance policy. Good luck .

Hello,

I think an extended warranty is the way to go. With 70,000. mi. issues will turn up. I purchased an extended lexus plat. 7yr 100,000 mi for my 450H.

You can shop for a good deal. My brother, has a S550 Mercedes and he saved a bunch over the MB Plan by going with AAA.

http://www.autoguardwarranty.net/?zip=10011

Its very reputable and the price is very decent. Be carful most extended companies are frauds and will be out of business before you can use them.