Recall Notice

Recall ID# 51514 section_opened.gif Recall ID # 10V309000 - ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE Recall Date JUL 06, 2010 Part Affected ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE Model Affected GS350 Potential Units Affected 138874 Get Details Recall Date JUL 06, 2010

Model Affected 2007 LEXUS GS350

Description TOYOTA IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2006 THROUGH 2008 LEXUS PASSENGER CARS MANUFACTURED FROM AUGUST 26, 2005 THROUGH AUGUST 4, 2008. MICRO-FOREIGN OBJECTS IN THE MATERIAL OF THE VALVE SPRING MAY DEGRADE THE STRENGTH OF THE VALVE SPRING, POSSIBLY CAUSING THE SPRING TO BREAK.

Consequence THE ENGINE COULD FAIL AND STOP SUDDENLY WHILE THE VEHICLE IS IN MOTION, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Remedy TOYOTA WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND DEALERS WILL REPAIR THE VEHICLES FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL BEGAN ON SEPTEMBER 2, 2010. OWNERS MAY CONTACT LEXUS AT 1-800-255-3987.

Potential Units Affected 138874

Notes TOYOTA MOTOR NORTH AMERICA, INC. ALE

• 2 weeks later...

The first service bulletin (SB) was to repair the awful sounding screech coming from the front brake. With 37k miles on the car, none of the brakes should be squeaking. The service bullion covered new rotors, brake pads and shims for the entire front of the car.

The second SB was related to a “crackle noise” which emitted from the engine for about 1-2 seconds when the engine turned over usually in the morning. I don’t have the dealership paperwork in front of me with the exact description of service, but I believed they replaced cam shaft injectors and related parts.

My dealership had not ordered the parts prior to the car’s drop off, so it took a day just to receive the parts, the 3 additional days for the remainder of the repairs. Not sure why took this process took so long. Although I did ask how many engine spring repairs they had completed prior to mine and they replied 10-12. So it could be due to "carefulness" since the technician may not have had a lot of practical experience. The dealership did mention the techniciation HAD TO BE certified and had been specially trained to work on the engine spring repair. I didn’t pay a penny and was glad to have the part replaced.

Glad to hear that the car runs smoother...I was worried about that...did they change the oil with that repair??

My service tech did tell me when I bring it to them to have as little gas as possible...because they would fill the car up afterwards as part of the recall...

Is that the first time you changed the front brakes?? The service bulletin for the brakes is good until how many miles on the car??

Glad to hear that the car runs smoother...I was worried about that...did they change the oil with that repair??

My service tech did tell me when I bring it to them to have as little gas as possible...because they would fill the car up afterwards as part of the recall...

Is that the first time you changed the front brakes?? The service bulletin for the brakes is good until how many miles on the car??

I had mine done about 3 weeks ago. Oil change is not included. I think my engine has slightly more noise on idle and the engine cover has quite a bit of vibration.

07 LS460L

I just had it done on my 07, took 2 days... As ususual Lexus makes it easy on the customer, gave me a loaner so all is well...

I did receive a letter yesterday offering me $1,500 of a new car and $500 gift card towards service, accessories and parts... That was a nice touch....

Hi,

I am a new owner of a '06 GS300. What do I need to do to receive recall notices regarding my car?

I bought the car from a used car dealership and would like to get updated on any issues regarding my car.

Also, will a Lexus dealership service any/all recall notices if I didn't buy the car from Lexus? Will I have to pay?

Thank you.

Recall ID# 51514 section_opened.gif Recall ID # 10V309000 - ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE Recall Date JUL 06, 2010 Part Affected ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE Model Affected GS350 Potential Units Affected 138874 Get Details Recall Date JUL 06, 2010

Model Affected 2007 LEXUS GS350

Description TOYOTA IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2006 THROUGH 2008 LEXUS PASSENGER CARS MANUFACTURED FROM AUGUST 26, 2005 THROUGH AUGUST 4, 2008. MICRO-FOREIGN OBJECTS IN THE MATERIAL OF THE VALVE SPRING MAY DEGRADE THE STRENGTH OF THE VALVE SPRING, POSSIBLY CAUSING THE SPRING TO BREAK.

Consequence THE ENGINE COULD FAIL AND STOP SUDDENLY WHILE THE VEHICLE IS IN MOTION, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Remedy TOYOTA WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND DEALERS WILL REPAIR THE VEHICLES FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL BEGAN ON SEPTEMBER 2, 2010. OWNERS MAY CONTACT LEXUS AT 1-800-255-3987.

Potential Units Affected 138874

Notes TOYOTA MOTOR NORTH AMERICA, INC. ALE

Intaker:

Just out of curiosity, how does an owner in the Netherlands get service bulletins for North America. Are you secretly on the payroll for the CIA?

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am a new owner of a '06 GS300. What do I need to do to receive recall notices regarding my car?

I bought the car from a used car dealership and would like to get updated on any issues regarding my car.

Also, will a Lexus dealership service any/all recall notices if I didn't buy the car from Lexus? Will I have to pay?

Thank you.

You can register yourself as the new owner of your car on www.lexus.com, that should get recall notices as well as other service information routed to you. You can go to any Lexus dearlership, get yourself and your car loaded into their national service database. That will do it as well.

Any Lexus serviceship should be able to pull your vehicle up by VIN and give you a print out of what service has been performed on your car by a Lexus service center. Any outside work will not be there, though.

Any Lexus service center will/can do any recall work on your car even if you didn't buy the car from them. Recall work is gratus, meaning you pay nothing provided you fall within the guidelines of the recall notice you recieve.

steviej