Vehicle Repair History

jbrubaker

Sorry for taking up the bandwidth. I know, this is my third post in a relatively short time.

Does anyone know if Lexus has in their database the repair history for my car, and if so, If I can get it from them somehow? I just really like to have the histories to know what hasd been done when (Timing belts, etc.) I do have the carfax for this vehicle. (1994 ES300).

And it seems this car is equipped with remote capabilities (from the couple of buttons on the dash), but there was only one key and no keyless entry for the car. Does anyone know of a third party that I can get these replaced or another key cut? Or is it even possible to get these from lexus, and approximate costs?

Also, is it possible to purchase an error code reader for this vehicle, being it is pre-1996. I enjoy tinkering and repairing, and hate paying the mechanic the big bucks just to turn off the light.

:D Very impressed with the mileage of the car, over 25 mpg on my trip yesterday. Just need to fix all the little bugs that have come up.

And any tips anyone has on better performance (either fuel economy or power) I would appreciate.

Thanks again in advance.

:D Thanks for the info on the repair history. I am hoping they will release it to me.

Any thoughts by anyone on the other questions? (I repeated them here)

And it seems this car is equipped with remote capabilities (from the couple of buttons on the dash), but there was only one key and no keyless entry for the car. Does anyone know of a third party that I can get these replaced or another key cut? Or is it even possible to get these from lexus, and approximate costs?

Also, is it possible to purchase an error code reader for this vehicle, being it is pre-1996. I enjoy tinkering and repairing, and hate paying the mechanic the big bucks just to turn off the light.

Thanks again!

Welcom to the club ;)! Your local Lexus dealer will gladly cut you a new Remote Master key to the tune of $300-$400! You just have to decide how badly you want the remote. I'm sure you can find an alarm with keyless entry; just make sure your installer knows what the hell he's doing so that he doesn't screw up the security system that's already in the car. Lexus-parts.com will get you 2 remote keys for like $300 I think. They check with Lexus's national registry to make sure that the customer's name matches the guy trying to order the key. If you haven't, call 1 800 25 LEXUS, and they will take care of you.

Any OBD II code reader will work on your '94 and up ES. 1996 was the year that most cars were switched over, but the ES300 was changed with the new 1MZFE in '94. Have any check engine lights??

:cheers:

Everyone is right on track with answers

the car is obd2

lexus dealers have all service done at a "lexus dealer"

2 new remote key and a remote transpoder chip for the ecm in the trunk is about 300-500 but you do get 2 new remote keys

it is easier to replace it with a remote starter/alarm cheaper installed and buy a new key from the dealer with no button on the head or about 20-30

Since he has no existing remote that is why i mentioned getting new ones since he can;t verify the fcc code

it isn;t under the hood but on the original keys with the button for the keyless alarm . The ecm for it is located inside the trunk

what do you think of the valet 561T? Is that a viper product?

And would I need an additional wiring harness to connect to the OEM security system?

If the total for a good system and wiring harness is more than $250, then I will just order the keys from L:exus and use the OEM System. Remote start was a bonus, but not necessary. Keyless entry was what I was trying to acheive.

Thanks again.

• 1 year later...
alarm starter combo's

clifford

viper

command start

compustar

I'm in Winnipeg and gets tre cold in the winter. I bought a 97 es 300 and the seller threw in a brand new command start. Tried to get it installed and was told that it would be very costly $400 or so and that people seemed to have lots of problems with them because of the alarm.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Mr Green