05 Gx 470 Window Exploded

mbj

last week i stopped to gas up and while i was at it decided to run my gx 470 thru the touchless car wash. i have used this type of car wash many times before. the outside temperature was about 0 degrees(32 far.) about a mile down the highway the rear drivers side door window exploded into thousands of pieces.the highway was paved and there wasnt any other traffic.rhere were no chips or flaws in the window that i know of.i live in northern canada 6 hours from the closest dealer who want over $300 for this window plus shipping costs to me and then i have to get it put in.does anyone know where i might buy this window at a more reasonable price in canada?thanx for reading my tale of woe. mal

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes temperatures can affect the behaviors of windows. Sorry to hear about it but at first I thought it was your rear window because I've heard of stories that the rear window busted out because of the defroster and the temperature being so cold outside