2008 Lexus Is300 Dead Battery Problem

Hello,

I own a 2008 Lexus IS300, I've went away for a few weeks and when I came back the car wont unlock the doors with the keyless entry remote, I do have the key, the only thing I can open however, is the trunk. There are no key slots on the doors at all and I think the problem is from a dead car battery, because I've used the 2 keyless entry remotes and checked their batteries, they're fine. I would appreciate the help :).

Hello,

I own a 2008 Lexus IS300, I've went away for a few weeks and when I came back the car wont unlock the doors with the keyless entry remote, I do have the key, the only thing I can open however, is the trunk. There are no key slots on the doors at all and I think the problem is from a dead car battery, because I've used the 2 keyless entry remotes and checked their batteries, they're fine. I would appreciate the help :).

If your car battery was dead you would not be able to start your car, turn on the headlights, run the a/c fan etc. The keyless remote fob really has little connection with the car battery except that the car battery powers the door actuators to mechanically unlock and lock the door.

What has probably happened to your car is a feature similar to a "Lock Out Mode". The entry function is disabled in order to prevent the vehicle and electronic key batteries from discharging when the entry function has not been used for 2 weeks or more. The system will resume operation when:

-The vehicle is locked/unlocked using the mechanical key.

-The vehicle is locked/unlocked using the wireless remote control function.

-The vehicle is locked using the door handle lock switch.

Hope this is of help.

Paul

Hello,

If your car battery was dead you would not be able to start your car, turn on the headlights, run the a/c fan etc. The keyless remote fob really has little connection with the car battery except that the car battery powers the door actuators to mechanically unlock and lock the door.

What has probably happened to your car is a feature similar to a "Lock Out Mode". The entry function is disabled in order to prevent the vehicle and electronic key batteries from discharging when the entry function has not been used for 2 weeks or more. The system will resume operation when:

-The vehicle is locked/unlocked using the mechanical key.

-The vehicle is locked/unlocked using the wireless remote control function.

-The vehicle is locked using the door handle lock switch.

Hope this is of help.

Paul

Nono, the battery is dead hence why I can't get into the car, the automatic keyless entry is of course controlled by pumps that rely on electricity from the car battery itself, I can't get into the car, I want to get into the car to open up the bonnet and replace the old dead battery with a new one. The question/problem is I can't get into the car at all and from the look of it the battery is really dead.

Holy battery Batman!!! Now that's a Problem! I am sorry, but short of getting a tech or mechanic to force the latch release open through the grill opening, I don't have a solution to your dilemma. Your dealer may be happy to cover the situation under your warranty. I would strongly urge you to at least call them.

Paul

Crawl through the trunk, release the seat to fold it down, and open the locks from the inside. Better yet, get your kid or neighbours kid to do it.

Good idea except trunk latch won't work without power to it.

Call dealer. This surely is not the first time this has happened.

Paul

On the drivers door handle, there is a small flap that opens up to reveal the key lock to open the car if the battery is dead.

In the NA models at least, there is a key hidden in the FOB for just such an occasion. On the drivers door handle, there is a small flap that opens up to reveal the key lock to open the car if the battery is dead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

On the drivers door handle, there is a small flap that opens up to reveal the key lock to open the car if the battery is dead.

In the NA models at least, there is a key hidden in the FOB for just such an occasion. On the drivers door handle, there is a small flap that opens up to reveal the key lock to open the car if the battery is dead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Daaa!!...don't I feel stupid! This reply from "grondie" is so obvious it's embarrasing that I overlooked it. My 2010 ES has the mechanical key stowed in the factory FOB for just such a purpose. I hope this solves your problem yamajee. Please let us know how things work out.