Steering Rx350 2010

tommcgraw

I just purchased a new 2010 RX 350. I find it very difficult to keep on the road. I attempted to adjust the caster, but there seems to be no way to adjust it. I have driven it 2000 miles. Will I ever get used to the steering being so touchy?

Your probably on the right track with your thinking, but if this is a NEW car with only 2000 miles on it, why in the world are you trying to adjust the caster instead of simply taking it back to the dealer for warranty coverage. Your messing with the front end is going to void your warranty and then if it is something serious, your in for big bucks.

Paul

Paul,

There are many reasons that I don’t take it to the dealer for something like this.

a) I have worked for dealerships for 36 years and I know what goes on there. I have found that many dealerships will not make adjustments that may help because they will not veer from the standard specifications, even if that might help the owner.

B) I am not concerned about the warranty being voided as I know that the factory can’t simply void a warranty. It’s not that simple, the laws are on the consumer’s side.

c) As far as things costing big bucks, that is true if you use the dealership as your only source for parts and service. Here are a few examples; the dealer wanted $2300.00 to change the rims to chrome. I use the same source they do and it cost me $1300.00. The dealers also wanted $1100.00 for the 3M film for the front end. I had it done by a professional 3M installer, it cost me $450.00. The dealer wanted $399.00 for some side moldings, it cost me $99.00 installed.

Hope that helps.

Tom

Paul,

There are many reasons that I don’t take it to the dealer for something like this.

a) I have worked for dealerships for 36 years and I know what goes on there. I have found that many dealerships will not make adjustments that may help because they will not veer from the standard specifications, even if that might help the owner.

B) I am not concerned about the warranty being voided as I know that the factory can’t simply void a warranty. It’s not that simple, the laws are on the consumer’s side.

c) As far as things costing big bucks, that is true if you use the dealership as your only source for parts and service. Here are a few examples; the dealer wanted $2300.00 to change the rims to chrome. I use the same source they do and it cost me $1300.00. The dealers also wanted $1100.00 for the 3M film for the front end. I had it done by a professional 3M installer, it cost me $450.00. The dealer wanted $399.00 for some side moldings, it cost me $99.00 installed.

Hope that helps.

Tom

Thank you Tom for the education and heads up. I can appreciate your point of view and reluctance to use your dealer.

If I follow your logic, we are all doomed and new warranties are basically worthless if the dealer and Lexus only do things in their best interest and not in ours. It would then follow that you are stuck with an RX that pulls to the left/right unless you can fix it yourself.

This has Not been my experience with my dealer on either of my Lexus ES"s. In fact my dealer has consistently went over and above what was necessary to solve my problems and have given me numerous services at no or little charge just to be accommodating. I am more than happy to pay a little more for dealer prices because they have proved themselves honest, trustworthy, and competent over and over again. From reading this forum I know that not everyone has shared this experience.

Maybe you have a bad dealer. If so I would encourage you to contact Lexus directly and let them know whats going on.

If I'm all wet here, I hope someone else will chime in and give there educated experience. In any case, I hope you can get your problem resolved and enjoy driving a great car.

Cheers!

Paul

Paul,

Hope that helps.

Tom

Thank you Tom for the education and heads up. I can appreciate your point of view and reluctance to use your dealer.

If I follow your logic, we are all doomed and new warranties are basically worthless if the dealer and Lexus only do things in their best interest and not in ours. It would then follow that you are stuck with an RX that pulls to the left/right unless you can fix it yourself.

This has Not been my experience with my dealer on either of my Lexus ES"s. In fact my dealer has consistently went over and above what was necessary to solve my problems and have given me numerous services at no or little charge just to be accommodating. I am more than happy to pay a little more for dealer prices because they have proved themselves honest, trustworthy, and competent over and over again. From reading this forum I know that not everyone has shared this experience.

Maybe you have a bad dealer. If so I would encourage you to contact Lexus directly and let them know whats going on.

If I'm all wet here, I hope someone else will chime in and give there educated experience. In any case, I hope you can get your problem resolved and enjoy driving a great car.

Cheers!

Paul

At the minimum, take it to the dealer and get the situation documented. Once it is on paper you have a start. You'll not get far unless they have had the opportunity to try a fix. Having worked at a dealership you are likely well aware of this.

Lexus dealers are generally not like the run of the mill car dealer. Lexus Central keeps a close eye on their dealers and customer relations. There are exceptions and your dealer may be one of them. There are other Lexus dealers to try even though they tend to be spread out.