Rattling Sound From The Tachometer

I have a 2007 IS250 and when starting up the car the tachometer makes a rattling sound, but as soon as the car starts the sound goes away. Sometimes I also hear it when I am driving but the sound is like a soft rattle.

Does anyone know what is causing the noise or is this normal?

Thanks.

Check the area between the dashboard above the tach and the plastic right above the tach. Do this by squeezing that area between your thumb and forefinger. There are two small screws that attach the plastic below to the dash above (press together at those points) - every IS I have ever driven has a small squeek from that area. If it is that, dealer needs to put felt tape in that area.

Check the area between the dashboard above the tach and the plastic right above the tach. Do this by squeezing that area between your thumb and forefinger. There are two small screws that attach the plastic below to the dash above (press together at those points) - every IS I have ever driven has a small squeek from that area. If it is that, dealer needs to put felt tape in that area.

Hi thanks for your reply, but I am positive the noise is not coming from the dash. I only hear the noise when the tachometer is moving.

My 2009 does the same thing, especially when I press the "Start" button. It kind of sounds like when you shake an old lightbulb and the filaments rattle around. I have tried poking and squeezing the area around the tach, but to no avail. Argh!