Mud Guards (Mudflaps) In Canada (Toronto )

StuLS

Looking to buy new or used mud guards (mudflaps)for a 2005 LS430

The car is Briarwood (brownish ) but black ones are fine too.

Will buy fronts only, rears only or all 4

If anyone has a set used, or knows where I can find these in Toronto

just let me know. I can go to the dealer and pay over $900 for new

ones, but that just wont happen. Either I am too cheap or too smart !

L-tuned has them for $300/set: http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=11

But I don't know if L-tuned has them in colors. Be aware that the rear ones for sure and maybe the front ones are different between the 01-03 and 04-06 LS430. You might want to call them since it looks like the are selling the same set for both LS430 series.

I just looked and saw that Ebay seller zeroism702 still has them in his store in colors for US$335 and they are specifically for the 04-06 Celsior/LS430 - I think the seller is in Japan.

You might find other sellers by searching eBay or with Google, Bing, etc.

... do you find that mud flaps actually have some functional value or are they mostly for looks?

You kidding, Randy? Who would install mudflaps "for looks"? Mudflaps are functional. They cut down on paint chips from rocks and debris kicked up by tires and keep the car sides a little cleaner. I'm especially glad I have them on the rare occasions I find myself on gravel roads or freshly oiled blacktop.

The mudflaps I bought from a London (U.K.) dealer in 1990 for my 90 LS were larger and more effective than the smaller ones I bought from a Canadian dealer (Metro Toyota/Lexus, Victoria BC) in 2003 for my 00 LS. My three Volvos all came with mudflaps. I bought a set of mudflaps for my Mercedes 240D from a Calgary Mercedes dealer shortly after I bought it in 1979. I've put OEM mudflaps on a variety of other cars - mainly Hondas - over the years. Do you see a pattern? :rolleyes:

Kidding? Would I kid? ;) Just trying to be "diplomatic". I have seen some very nice mud flaps with Yosemite Sam on them saying something about "Backing off". Now who would NOT think those are just about the coolest looking things? :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, I might consider flaps if they kept the salt off my car's underbelly. But that's about the only reason I would consider them.

Kidding? Would I kid? ;) Just trying to be "diplomatic". I have seen some very nice mud flaps with Yosemite Sam on them saying something about "Backing off". Now who would NOT think those are just about the coolest looking things? :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, I might consider flaps if they kept the salt off my car's underbelly. But that's about the only reason I would consider them.

:) now you know the good mudflaps are the ones with the ladies on them! They are OEM on Peterbilt! :)