Will New Ipod Shuffle Work In Gx 460?

teamriley

Just bought a new GX 460, 2010 with the Navigation/Mark Levinson Audio Package. My iPod touch works okay through the USB interface, however, it really isn't very user friendly... menus are all different; songs are pretty much only in alpha order, etc.

Anyway, I just bought a small iPod shuffle (gen 4) so that I could just keep it as a truck iPod with only a few songs (as opposed to 300 that I have on my touch). I can't get the USB interface to recognize it though. Dealership can't seem to figure it out either. Does anyone know why the shuffle won't work or if there is something I need to buy to GET it to work?

I really appreciate anyone out there who is knowledgable on this. Kinda disappointed that Lexus doesn't provide more expertise on this and I have to run it all down on my own!

Just bought a new GX 460, 2010 with the Navigation/Mark Levinson Audio Package. My iPod touch works okay through the USB interface, however, it really isn't very user friendly... menus are all different; songs are pretty much only in alpha order, etc.

Anyway, I just bought a small iPod shuffle (gen 4) so that I could just keep it as a truck iPod with only a few songs (as opposed to 300 that I have on my touch). I can't get the USB interface to recognize it though. Dealership can't seem to figure it out either. Does anyone know why the shuffle won't work or if there is something I need to buy to GET it to work?

I really appreciate anyone out there who is knowledgable on this. Kinda disappointed that Lexus doesn't provide more expertise on this and I have to run it all down on my own!

Welcome to the club! :cheers: I love my GX460...as far as the Ipod...not sure I know my i phone works well playing songs. The shuffle can't work via bluetooth can it? I usually connect my iphone that way and play the songs that way vs the USB unless I need to charge the battery.

Good luck with it.

Thanks. I can use the male to male connection with the shuffle and play it through the AUX tab, but I'd really like to be able to work it through the radio/USB tab. I wonder if an iPod Nano would work through the USB???

I love my truck. It's my third. We drove the LX 470s before Lexus went and changed them :cries: . I loved my 470, and we just traded it with 90,000 miles on it. It was hard to part with. This truck is very nice. Just doesn't feel the same. Couldn't quite bring ourselves to shell out $90,000 for the LX 570 or that's what we would have gotten!!

Thanks. I can use the male to male connection with the shuffle and play it through the AUX tab, but I'd really like to be able to work it through the radio/USB tab. I wonder if an iPod Nano would work through the USB???

I love my truck. It's my third. We drove the LX 470s before Lexus went and changed them :cries: . I loved my 470, and we just traded it with 90,000 miles on it. It was hard to part with. This truck is very nice. Just doesn't feel the same. Couldn't quite bring ourselves to shell out $90,000 for the LX 570 or that's what we would have gotten!!

Well I bought my wife an Ipod Nano...if I can find the :censored: thing I will see if it works via the USB for you! Can't promise you anything because I honestly don't think she knows where it is...I will look around for you when I get home. :cheers:

The iPod nano works! Well the nano that I got her is only the 4g and we have had it for about three years so I am not sure if there is a new one or not? You did make sure the battery was charged up on the shuffle right? The nano when I plugged it in did not connect so I charged it up and then it connected fine. Target should take it back just have your drivers license on you.

Good to know. Ya, the shuffle was freshly charged. From what I understand, the player needs to have the 'multi-pin' type connection, NOT the "male" type plug. I may just go ahead and get a nano. Tis the season to hopefully get a respectable deal on one. It's something that I want to just be dedicated to the truck, so I don't want/need anything too big like an iTouch. The nanos are pretty small and should just hide in the console where the ports are.

Again, thanks so much. You really helped me out!!

• 3 years later...

I would just like to say this conversation was extremely helpful. I was having the same problem with the shuffle and bought a new generation Nano and it worked fantastic.