Rx330 Wheel Bearing Replacement

Micia81

Has anybody here attempted Wheel Bearing Replacement on a RX330? I've seen plenty of generic how-to videos, but I'm wondering how difficult it would be on the AWD Lex.

Alternatively, I'm considering replacing the whole hub/ bearing assembly, but new hubs are considerably more expensive than bearings alone.

The local Lexus Stealership by me wants $2690 to replace all 4!! :censored:

So, opinions?

Is this the front or the rear? $2690 to replace all four??!! I think I've seen rear bearings for sale online for less than $100 each. Don't know if fronts are more expensive. Do you have a good independent mechanic you could use?

• 1 year later...

My wife drives our 330 all the time. Wasn't until I drove it when I noticed the humming noise. I was told the rear end was gone by a mechanic. He stated the part alone was over $2700. Through research and test driving I determined it was the bearings.

I just bought the two rear bearing assemblies for our 05 RX330 AWD. Auto Zone $120 each. Anyone have instructions or video on DIY?

Looking for advanced tips before I dive into it. I'm mechanicaly inclined and will take pics along the way if there are none available.