F Sport Air Intake And Exhaust

• 2 months later...

I was thinking of doing the same thing but never thought about putting an actual ISF intake. i was just looking into AEM or INJEN parts. Is there a huge difference between the ISF intakes and the after market ones? price? i know you can get injen or aem between 200-300 on ebay. what do yall think?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I priced isf ones today they are around $450. I have been looking at the K&n units but you have to R&i some valve cover bolt to install a bracket, dont really want a valve cover leak in a few months

I HAVE A MEGAN RACING SS HEADER FOR AN 2006 AND UP IS250 ITS ONLY $252 CND LET ME KNOW ticktookclock@hotmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

They could really only do so much with an intake. No matter how you look at it, its merely a large diameter tube with a filter on the end. The reason that most after market intakes makes more power than the stock intakes is because they allow more flow by way of a higher flowing air filter and a smoother intake tract.

I vote you go with what ever one is cheaper, just make sure you get a quality air filter. There won't be much difference otherwise.

They could really only do so much with an intake. No matter how you look at it, its merely a large diameter tube with a filter on the end. The reason that most after market intakes makes more power than the stock intakes is because they allow more flow by way of a higher flowing air filter and a smoother intake tract.

I vote you go with what ever one is cheaper, just make sure you get a quality air filter. There won't be much difference otherwise.

Makes sense.

thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am interested in adding the F-Sport air intake and exhaust to my '09 IS350. How difficult is it to add either one of these? Thanks.

Check Sewell, and you get discount for being ClubLexus or My.IS members...not sure about LOC

Intake is very easy to do, approximately 30minutes of your time. You will need phillips screw driver and 10mm socket with extension. Exhaust is a little more difficult as you need to jack the car up.

I was thinking of doing the same thing but never thought about putting an actual ISF intake. i was just looking into AEM or INJEN parts. Is there a huge difference between the ISF intakes and the after market ones? price? i know you can get injen or aem between 200-300 on ebay. what do yall think?

thanks

ISF =/= FSport

ISF is ISF....FSport is performance products from Lexus made for the 2IS (IS250 and IS350 models

Most popular intakes for the 2IS are Joe Z intake pipe (many good filters to choose from, most recommended is AFE Dry Pro S), Takeda, K&N, FSport

Injen doesn't come with a heatshield so usually not recommended and read below to find out why

Takeda and K&N come with a heatshield which helps quite a bit. K&N filter proven to have higher capacity, however the Takeda proven better filtration (uses AFE Dry Pro S filter)

FSport is basically a Joe Z intake pipe, with an OEM air box that has an extra hole at the bottom for the louder growl

K&N and Takeda are loudest intakes for the 2IS, however Joe Z and FSport are highest and most stable HP increase (~5)

I priced isf ones today they are around $450. I have been looking at the K&n units but you have to R&i some valve cover bolt to install a bracket, dont really want a valve cover leak in a few months

Had K&N. No issue with that at all. The bolt goes back in once the bracket is on it.

For the 2IS, 5WHP is about as much power as you can get with an aftermarket intake. This is only STABLY achieved through Joe Z or FSport.

So called "COLD" air intakes are all BS. NO true CAI are made for the 2IS. They are simply short ram with a heat shield. Therefore, they can do + or - 5WHP depending on circumstance (engine heat, etc.).