How To Reset "oil Maintenace Required Soon"

downn2

I decided at 10,000 miles to have local quicklube joint put in Mobile 1 Extended life Oil & filter in my car as it good for 15,000 miles. The lexus dealership is just too far away to be driving over there every 5,000 miles for one of there oil changes anyway...

Afgter I picked up my car today, I r0eset the oil change and Oil filter change to 15,000 in the Nav settings.....Only for to get a display saying "OIL MAINTENANCE DUE SOON". I called the dealer who told me I needed to bring it down for a technition to reset ever 5,000 miles....Tell me it ain't so...and the secret to resetting it myself.

I think it can be reset by holding the trip/odm button while hitting the start button 1x. I used to do it when i got the fluids changed in my rx330 but that had a key i think it is the same just hold the trip bitton down and hit start one time an wait a few secs and it ahould reset if not I am sure someone will chime in.

I think it can be reset by holding the trip/odm button while hitting the start button 1x. I used to do it when i got the fluids changed in my rx330 but that had a key i think it is the same just hold the trip bitton down and hit start one time an wait a few secs and it ahould reset if not I am sure someone will chime in.

I gave that a try and I dont' think that's the secret...And a secret it evidently is, as the dealership refuses to tell me how to do it...Again, they want me to drive across town so a service tech can reset it...IT apprears that lexus is more concerned with making the dealers happy than the owners....As the guys who did the oil change at the quicklube said that changing the oil wasn't an easy task on this car as they were surprised at how much they had to remove to get to the filter, etc....IT's almost like they were trying to tell me in a very nice way "DON'T BRING IT BACK HERE, TAKE IT TO THE DEALER NEXT TIME". Glad I only have to screw with this every 15K miles....

I gave that a try and I dont' think that's the secret...And a secret it evidently is, as the dealership refuses to tell me how to do it...Again, they want me to drive across town so a service tech can reset it...IT apprears that lexus is more concerned with making the dealers happy than the owners....As the guys who did the oil change at the quicklube said that changing the oil wasn't an easy task on this car as they were surprised at how much they had to remove to get to the filter, etc....IT's almost like they were trying to tell me in a very nice way "DON'T BRING IT BACK HERE, TAKE IT TO THE DEALER NEXT TIME". Glad I only have to screw with this every 15K miles....

Try the steps below...I have not had to do it my self but these are the steps to do it. And find another mechanic. If they can't or don't want to reset it...IMHO they shouldn't be working on the car. My independent that works on the BMW resets the codes for me.

Turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position. Press the odometer button repeatedly until the main odometer reading is shown.

Turn the ignition switch off.

Press and hold the "ODO/TRIP" reset button.

Turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position.

Release the "ODO/TRIP" reset button after the odometer display changes to "000000" and then turns off.

• 1 month later...

Here is what worked on my ES350

Turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position by pushing the start button twice do not step on the brake.

Press the odometer button repeatedly until the Trip A reading is shown.

Press and hold the "ODO/TRIP" button.

Turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position by pushing the start button twice do not step on the brake.

Release the "ODO/TRIP" button after the odometer display changes to "--------" and then turns off.