Lexus Of Fife Washington

Brett in AK

A few months ago I had posted a very positive review of my experience at the service department of Lexus of Fife, Washington. It was somewhat amusing to read some of the negative responses to that posting. To those who posted in a negative manner I suppose you are of the ilk that would complain about being hung with a brand new rope! As you may recall the jist of the posting was that the PCS and cruise control had gone out on my 06 LS430 and they of course had repaired it under the CPO warranty. My remarks were meant to reflect my satisfaction with the way in which I had been treated not so much that it had been repaired under warranty although that made the situation even brighter. They replaced the sensor and when it went out again they replaced the ECU as well as the sensor once again. Evidently there is a TBS out there addressing this issue so I submit this as a heads up to those of you who might suffer the same problem. Now once again I want to say how politely I was treated and it is quite refreshing in todays age to experience that. It was suggested I was naive, young and mechanically inexperienced and I wish to assure you that is not the case in any manner. I've been around for quite a few decades and didn't fall off the turnip wagon yesterday! Would I take my LS back for service when it's no longer under warranty? Probably not as long as it's something I could handle, and then I would probably shop around for a reputable shop for a little better deal on the labor. That being said I have always performed all the preventative maintenance on all of my vehicles and planes. So for all the naysayers out there, try to accentuate the positive things in life once in awhile. You can always find fault if you look hard enough, but it usually results in the grim outlook you seem to have in life. Good luck to you all and we'll see you back here again from time to time.

This Glass is FULL

Psychology has long used the glass as the litmus test on human attitudes: if one said the glass was half empty, out would come the pessimist title... and if one said the glass was half full... voila! Out pops the optimist tag.

What's wrong with being a pessimist?

Being a pessimist in the case of the glass example includes the notion of PERFECTIONISM. This is not to say all pessimists are perfectionistic, it's just that in this case there is a parallel: Perfectionists see what is missing. They are the folks who get 97% on a test and immediately start in on the teacher on why they lost the 3%. In sum, they see the negative aspect, not the positive.

What's wrong with focusing on the negative?

We feel how we think. Decades of psychologists have recognized the intimate relationship between feelings, thoughts, and actions. The more we think about crappy stuff, the more crappy we are going to feel. And the more we focus on positive things, the more terrific we are going to feel!

So seeing the glass as half full is indeed a positive thing. Positive thinking leads to positive feelings. Positive feelings lead to greater motivation, a sense of greater confidence, greater self-esteem, and the like.

But seeing the glass as completely full is maximizing positivity. The process of looking at life with this type of lens-- the type that searches to find the way of maximizing positivity -- is itself happiness in action!

Brett my experience with the my local Lexus dealer is much like yours, even though my cars are much older. And like you I found that some folks just don't want to hear it. I also buy parts from them through my repair shop, so I get wholesale pricing, and they even take 10% off the repair bills for parts and labour, knowing that I have a limited company in the business of repairing cars. I get oil filters for less than $4.00! No complaints here!

SRK