New Car Question (Check Engine Light And Awd Warning Already On Before

2008m3

3 days after taking delivery of my car I registered my car on lexus.com to find out that my car was purchased from tacoma, washington with a build date of 4/10 and my dealer took the car in on 9/10. In my account, I found out that the car only had 11 miles and already had a check engine light, awd drive warning light, and a tpms light, which was serviced and fixed. This of course was never disclosed to me.

If I knew the car had these problems at 11 miles I would have chosen the other car that was also available.

The dealer tells me that I have nothing to worry about because it was a dead battery that set off the check engine light and the awd light and the tpms light. The dealer said they re-charged the battery, checked and reset all the codes, and everything checked out ok.

Would asking the dealer to extend the warranty be reasonable? What should I ask from the dealer as compensation?

3 days after taking delivery of my car I registered my car on lexus.com to find out that my car was purchased from tacoma, washington with a build date of 4/10 and my dealer took the car in on 9/10. In my account, I found out that the car only had 11 miles and already had a check engine light, awd drive warning light, and a tpms light, which was serviced and fixed. This of course was never disclosed to me.

If I knew the car had these problems at 11 miles I would have chosen the other car that was also available.

The dealer tells me that I have nothing to worry about because it was a dead battery that set off the check engine light and the awd light and the tpms light. The dealer said they re-charged the battery, checked and reset all the codes, and everything checked out ok.

Would asking the dealer to extend the warranty be reasonable? What should I ask from the dealer as compensation?

My other car will not turn on the engine light if the battery power is low or even if you remove the batter. Ask the dealer what was the engine code. Then google it and find out exactly what it is. Sound fishy to me.