No Interior Volume/beeps Upon Start-Up

Hey guys,

This morning upon start-up of my Rx400h, i couldn't get volume from either the radio or the nav.

The last time the Rx400h was driven was Saturday night. Before it was shut off, the radio was ON at a medium volume. But when i started it this morning, the radio "appeared" ON (the LCD read as it should) yet there was absolutely NO volume no matter what i had it set to. FM, AM, CD, NO sound. I tried the volume knob, still nothing. Turned the radio on and off, still didn't work.

I also noticed that the nav wouldn't "beep" when it usually would. For example, after the "warning" screen goes away, it usually beeps. And it usually beeps when i press the "MAP VOICE" button or any of the other menu buttons, but it didn't today. I tried to program a destination, and "visually" everything was PERFECT, but the lady didn't talk and there weren't any of the usual beeps between buttons.

No warning lights in the dash or any other indications that the car wasn't working properly.

After about 5 minutes of driving with no change, i pulled over, put the car in PARK, but still no sound from anything. I then turned the car OFF, then turned it back ON, and everything was back to normal.

The following 20 minutes of driving was trouble free, and after my 2 hour class the issue seemed to be gone.

Anyone ever experience this before? It was very "weird"...

Any input is appreciated! <_<

Your car has a ghost in it! :)

No, that's strange. Wonder if it was just a glitch sometimes my cable tv does that. Comes on fine but for whatever reason no sounds on any Chanel. Turn it off and back on and it is fine and it might be 6 days or 6 months before it will happen again.

Hi CDULUK

Earlier this year we were driving our 400h down to Dover to catch the ferry to France. Turned on the radio - nothing. Tried selecting a CD - nothing. Couldn't do anything about it at the time as we were on the motorway. Looked like we were going to have a very quiet week in France!

When we got to the port and were waiting in the line for the ferry I turned off the ignition, waited a few seconds then turned it on again. As if by magic everything was back to normal and has been ever since!

First advice any IT engineer gives is, "Have you tried turning it off then turning it on again?"!!!!

Hope yours is the same

Regards from JBP on the other side of the Pond.

PS Loved your key modification!