Over Size Oil Filter

lexrx3

I have an 01 RX 300 and wanted to if anyone uses an over size oil filter? I know that an over size oil filter does exist. Its longer by almost an inch and half. I think it fits but would like to know if anyone has used a larger oil filter on an RX 300.

I've had good luck with the K&N filter, model HP-2009. It's a bit longer than the standard, which I hope gives a little bit more filtering, and it has a 1" nut on the end to help get it off with a wrench. Now, if they could just make it easier to get to........

I've had good luck with the K&N filter, model HP-2009. It's a bit longer than the standard, which I hope gives a little bit more filtering, and it has a 1" nut on the end to help get it off with a wrench. Now, if they could just make it easier to get to........

I havn't tried the oversize yet but I'm a little concerned about how close it is to the exhaust (manifold?). So that doesn't appear to be an issue for anyone? I'm tempted to switch to the Fram XG3600.