Cleaning Engine -- Safe?

prix

I use common sense and avoid the electrical components and high pressure. I also leave the car running. I dont see how you could crack the engine with any water.

I think a degrease on the top of the engine and then a soft wash with a brush is not a big deal and it will look great.

Good luck.

It's spotless under the hood of my '92 LS400.  When I bought it 8/03 it was very clean, no leaks.  Used a degeaser sprayed on an old towel and wiped it down, no water.  Since then I just wipe it down when I do an exterior wash and it hardly gets dirty between washes due to the excellent design that keeps moisture and dirt out of the engine compartment.  Same thing with all the door, trunk and hood jams, they get a wipe down with the exterior wash.  Prior owner had it detailed every spring so it was in excellent shape.  Four Door.

I wash the engine bay everytime I wash the car [ when the engine is cold ]. I use a fairly stiff paint brush compressed air then spray water I dry it all by hand then I use a light dressing ArmourAll and the likes. It really has never been dirty enough to use a detergent so it is maintenance.

post-1634-1123901440_thumb.jpg

Also- I have heard to NEVER wash a HOT engine while it is not running.  If the engine is HOT, leave the engine on while you spray it.  I have heard that spraying a hot engine while it is off can cause the engine to crack.  I cannot say for sure, but that is what I have heard over the years.

hey guys been awhile since comment but heres my 2 cents

90- what people say should be true its like taking something hot as hell and putting it in cold water instant crack the molcules of the object in our case the engine runs hot when hit with stream of cold hose water could crack the engine... u should wait 20 mins after a use to clean engine or even when cleaning the whole car just to be safe i lift the hood while i wait...

also used this engine brittle foam spray dad bought at kragen or autozone... real good stuff not too much in the super detailed point but its good enough for me... instructions are just to spray everywhere lightly every thing but the electrical stuff and then hose down lightly til foam is gone.. after u get very clean looking engine... foam takes most dust and any light oil stains... anyways good luck to cleaning the engine i would love to do it the way VB does just im too young and i dont have time... rather be crusing the wide open streets and checking out the girls in bikinis haha young riders