2010 Is 250C Nav Screen Scratched - ? Any Fix

I am 3 months into my lease on 2010 IS 250C. I wiped my nav monitor screen (used non-chemical LCD wipe) but must have had dirt on screen/cloth as nav screen scratched - thought was smudge but realize anti-glare coating is scratched off. Small fingerprint size blemish but with top down spot is horribly noticeable. Did not realize screen had such fragile anti-glare coating (and why is it in a convertible??). Dealer said my problem - bumped it up to Lexus corporate and so far they are only willing to throw in token $$ assistance to replacing entire (costly) nav unit. I can't believe screen can't be repaired/replaced. I intend to continue "discussion" with corporate. Any advice as to this problem? Replacing the entire unit to correct screen blemish is insane. My first Lexus (after 30 years Honda/Acura) and am ?? my purchase...

I mean...its a sensitive electronic and you need to be careful with it. With touch screens its a balancing act between making them rough and tough, and making them responsive to touch inputs.

I don't see how Lexus can have any responsibility for you scratching your screen with a cloth.

You may want to try a very fine plastic cleaner like Plexus and see if you can repair the mark...maybe talk to a professional detailing shop and see if they have any ideas. Otherwise, PM user dcfish he sells nav screens and units...

I mean...its a sensitive electronic and you need to be careful with it. With touch screens its a balancing act between making them rough and tough, and making them responsive to touch inputs.

I don't see how Lexus can have any responsibility for you scratching your screen with a cloth.

You may want to try a very fine plastic cleaner like Plexus and see if you can repair the mark...maybe talk to a professional detailing shop and see if they have any ideas. Otherwise, PM user dcfish he sells nav screens and units...

Thanx for the help. I purchased a screen protector - it looks much better and (hopefully) will prevent me from creating further problems. I do use many different types of touchscreens at my business and never had encountered this problem previously. I would urge the manufacturer to consider making their product more resistant to wear/tear, especially one which will be literally exposed to the outside world...