Just Bought A 90 Es250 And I Have A Few Issues

klimax78

I just bought a 1990 es 250 and i have a few problems but my main one is this. The car runs and is driveable but it lacks a lot of power. The idle is terrible its at about 700rpm when in drive sitting and when starting off it takes it forever to pick up any speed. Going up hills is almost impossible! I love this car if i could get that issue solved i would be so happy! Can u guys help me??

I have no idea if diagnostic trouble codes on an ES250 can be read in the same way as on an early LS400 but you might check: http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/codereading.html

Your car's problem could be caused by one or more of many possible issues. If you are not comfortable with troubleshooting the problem, a lower cost route might be to take it to a Toyota mechanic as the Camry V6 from 1990 is virtually identical mechanically to the 1990 ES250.

Also, there are real authentic hard copy repair manuals - not the junk versions on CD - for the ES250 currently on eBay - I just checked. The repair manuals are written in a way that assumes that the reader has a healthy level of mechanic skills and the appropriate diagnostic equipment.