Liquid Spill And Need An Urgent Advice - Please

satiger

Ok, my wife kept Starbucks coffee in the cub holder and accidently it got spilled around gear shift area (near the cub holder). Since then, gear shifting becomes little harder - sticky.

I would like to open the wood trim around the gear shift and clean it inside. The wood trim also has buttons for car seat heater. Please refer the photo attachment.

Can someone help me with the steps to dismandle the wood trim around gear shifter?. Mine is 2000 platinum model. Appreciate any help/lead on this.

post-19093-003594300 1289394498_thumb.gi

dont have your vehicle, but the wood trim is normally mounted with little plastic clips...put some blue masking tape on the edge of both the wood and surround and take a flat screwdriver or putty knife and try to lift carefully the trim between the wood and surround...real scarey the first time around...

Follow up to my question....

I checked TIS repair manual and it states :

REMOVE UPPER CONSOLE PANEL

Using a screwdriver, remove the upper console panel.

HINT:

Tape the screwdriver tip before use.

Thanks lenore for the reponse and more importantly correct answer :). I have got two days subscription with TIS. If you are looking for any manual please let me know.