Clock, Dst, Hs250H...seriously Lexus?

Pat O'Brien

I was shocked Sunday morning to get in my car and see the wrong time. People online were saying that Lexus hadn't updated to the new dates and if that were true, our clocks would have turned back weeks ago. I was amazed that my solar powered G-Shock watch changed the time properly and when I got to my car, it still was set to DST.

I have adapted to the one power outlet and the lack of storage space in the car. I knew those things when I purchased it. I leave my Garmin GPS up because I can enter a location while the car is moving and it also gives me free traffic and on most major roads and all highways & Freeways it gives me the speel limit too. I have found easy ways around the iPod interface that really wasn't thought out by someone that listens to an iPod and I have found ways to get get over 40mpg on most tanks of gas, yet can't believe that their is a button that I have to push to change the time. Why not just let us manually adjust it like I do on my 88 Accord and my stove, why take the time to program a button, yet not automate it??? (the only two things left that don't do it automatically)

A confused owner of 7 weeks and over 4K miles.

You're right, the clocks in all Lexus vehicles are still basic digital clocks that need to be reset for DST.

Seriously though...whats the BFD? Its a clock. You press a button for 15 seconds and its set. You have to do that once per year. The other time you push the little hour button once. Of all the things that could possibly be a major issue with a vehicle...that would be incredibly short on my list. The HS has all kinds of awesome tech, and what stirs your tea is the fact that you have to manually set the clock? Come on...

Its not automated because its just a clock, it doesn't know what date it is.

I'm not sure if the HS has the same menu, but my Rx400h switched the time automatically. Through the info screen on the dash it allows me toggle between "Auto Adjust" and turn daylight savings time on or off...

No...the issue is that they went to the work to create a DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME Button, so I expected that with that button selected that it would adjust the time. My point was, why bother, I can just adjust the clock like any other clock, except for my watch that is a fraction of the cost of the car!

Mine auto adjusted! There is a setting that says Auto Adjust...I think. I know I had to change the time on the X5...but I didnt have to do anything to the GX.

But to be honest even if it didn't who cares?

Really? My ES didn't adjust itself...

Same here. I had to manualy reset the time. You guys are talking about a "info screen" and "auto adjust". Are you talking about the nav screen? If so, how do you acess the auto adjust feature.

As far as I'm concerned, I agree it's not a BFD and my car is FM.

Paul

In the set up go to clock then auto adjust on. That should do it. There is also a setting for daylight savings. But my auto adjust is on and I didn't have to do anything and my clock is right.