I Have A Major Problem

Sonic2719

I have a 93 Lexus SC 300 with a mannual tranny. The car has apx.90k and was before my accident was in perfect condition. I went into a ditch and happened to go over a culvert and it ripped the bottom of the car almost half way off. now Im not sure if this is a good thing but i did a 180 in the road and went backword into the ditch so the front of the car is still perfect other than a flat tire. The back didn't really get that much body damage other than the rear bumper is smashed and the drivers side quarter pannel has a good size dent. as far as under the car goes i can see the road when the trunk is open. Im no expert but it doesn't look terrible. but i had my insurance guy come and look at it and he declared it to be totaled and thinks they will give me about 10k for the car which is great for me because i paid signifigantly less than that. so my question is do you guys think it would be worth it for me to buy the car back from the insurance Co. and try to either fix it or sell it as a parts car??? that is my major question. also i do not know much about cars and don't really know the first thing about how to fix it so i'd have to go to a macanic to have 90% of the work done. also the adjuster said because the underbody was ripped so bad he thinks that the back half of the car will need to be replaced and that would be close to impossible to do. because i guess you cannot buy a rear body for it. either way i hate to see my baby go to the junk yard and smashed if there is anyway to make this situation any better please let me know. I appreciate your input

thank you very much,

Sonic2719

Hell Yeah Bye it back and part it out. I had a 1992 Subaru SVX that I totaled. Insurance gave me 9000, i paid off my loan of 6000 and bought the car back for 1000. Leaving me with a plus 2000 and still my car. Then i parted it out and made another 3000. wasnt a bad deal at all.

all depends on the buy back for the car

a wrecker would pay big money for a 0 body damage car as that is all the good parts they can make money on selling.

You could buy a rear clip but any good body shop can repair almost anything especially if there is no frame damge and just underbady damage which will never be seen and covered in black undercaot anyway. It also depends on what you mean by ripped out. A picture is worth a thousand words. If there is no suspension damage or minimal like control arms then buy it back.

TAP should be able to sell most of the rear clip parts cheap

ok so obviously it depends on how much damage there actually is. I am optiomistic to hear that Lexual had success with that in the past. Lexual how much damage did you have also what type of damage was done. there is some body damage to the quarter pannel but not terrible. What types of things were you able to sell off your subaru? ill keep you all posted on what happens and until then i look forward to hearing your opinion on this matter

thanks,

sonic2719

Hey, someone else had a similar accident, not too long ago.

Repairing the car. I'm with SK. It all depends on what is damaged. I'm kind of surprised the insurance company declared your car totalled, unless there was severe frame damage.

Personally, I would make it into a parts car, but keepin it in your garage might be a problem. You could sell parts as a Request for Parts, after you get permission from the Administrators, but I guess it depends on what you're doing next.

Do you have any pics, that you can put up on our server? I'd love to see what's damaged.

Ever see a Dodge Durango side swipe a sports car hood at 55mph?? thats what happen to my suabru. Crushed the whole front end and bent my frame pretty good. The engine dropped back and down like it is designed to so I sold off the engine, the tranny, seats, dash, rear spoiler, rims with tirese, floor mats, then the bits and pieces.