Playing An Ipod Through The Usb

Hi,

I have a new 2010 RX 450h and I recently started having the following problem:

I was trying to play my iPod which is connected to the USB port of the car. I can see all

details of the music on my car's console, but the songs don't play. Clicking the play button

does nothing, the track doesn't advance.

This used to work before, so I'm wondering if it's broken.

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I sometimes play music by connecting my iPhone 4. It works, but I get an "unsupported device" message on the iPhone when I plug it in, and the last time I used it, the sound quality was poor (lots of distortion). Not sure why since the USB is a digital interface. By the way, i don't think the volume on the iPod makes a difference either when using the USB for the same reason. The iPod is basically an external disk at this point. Plugging through the headphone jack is a different story as this is an analog output controlled by the iPod. The car becomes an elaborate set of headphones.

Let us know if youmget it working. The iPod support is definitely poor on the RX.

• 2 weeks later...

When I first got my 2010 RX450h I could playback from both an iPod Touch (2nd Gen, I believe) and an iPhone 3G (even though iPhone support is not mentioned). Now it rarely recognizes my iPhone and when it does, the sound is distorted. Also, it occasionally has difficulty recognizing the iPod. Definitely disappointing. I think I'll try a new cable next time, and bring it up with the dealer if it's still an issue (at least with the iPod).