04 Gs- Vsc And Check Eng. Light On After T-Belt R/r

Hi. Had a non-dealer master mechanic replace the T-belt, tensioner, water pump, rear brakes, plugs, air filter. After driving the car for 2 miles the VSC and VSC OFF as well as CHECK ENGINE light came on. The codes generated by scanner were p0154 and p0051. He replaced one oxy. sensor with Denso which is apparently factory. The light came back on again. He told me he has checked everything and is baffled. Took the car to local a Lexus Dealer. Same Codes were generated. They told me that I need to use Toyota OEM Oxyg. sensor and paid about $400.00 parts and labor to replace one sensor. 2-4 miles on to my way home, the same lights came back on. I am baffled. Just lost The car runs fine. Please help. I am just afraid that this could be really costly! I really appreciate it.

What did your mechanic check exactly? The two codes describe a sensor that's completely disfunctional, that's a bit suspicious. Suspect can be faulty sensor wiring/harness or bad connection to ECU (signal, power, ground). A good mechanic or dealer should be able to test all connections.

Sometimes a vacuum leak could throw some codes too, but I would start with above.

What did your mechanic check exactly? The two codes describe a sensor that's completely disfunctional, that's a bit suspicious. Suspect can be faulty sensor wiring/harness or bad connection to ECU (signal, power, ground). A good mechanic or dealer should be able to test all connections.

Sometimes a vacuum leak could throw some codes too, but I would start with above.

+1 for checking that wiring/harness. I hope you at least kept the old barely used sensors.